Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the species of mold that has spread in your home or business is the real problem. Mold spores travel through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be practically impossible for you to stop mold entering your home. It’s only when the mold is growing in your property that you should be concerned. Having an expert to consult with that can advise on the kind of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way for treatment then carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the initial step in what can be a long process. When it comes to the treatment of mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. We provide mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your property along with major health problems for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the surfaces it resides in, this means the longer it goes untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in properties, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis will aid with making your house free and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which thrives both indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi easily enters homes. It spreads in damp, porous areas like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less rampant household mold is good, as it is among the more terrible. It needs excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It carries a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold areas and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods and thrives and spreads in cold temperatures. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know you have mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate dangerous mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.