The Dangers of Water Damage
Unless you’ve been trained on water damage, it can be very difficult to notice. Luckily for homeowners, the professionals from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. We can tackle any level of water damage at very reasonable rates. Does your house have unexpected water damage? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. But in order to catch water damage before it increases, homeowners must to be able to identify water damage. It’s important to understand what precautionary actions to take in order to prevent water damage. The key to water damage repairs are prevention.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
How does water damage occur? When a surplus of water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. The experts from Paul Davis are always ready to come to your home to assess water damage. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can stop water damage from occurring in the first place, your home will last for years to come. Both outside elements and elements inside your home can cause water damage. No matter how water damage can occur, it’s crucial to be vigilant. Do you believe that your home is experiencing water damage? Look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
Are you worried about your home receiving water damages? There are precautionary actions that you can take. You can never be too careful. Take the following steps to stop water damage from ruining your home:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Burst or leaking pipes can bring serious damages to your home. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you need water damage repair services. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your home as soon as they can. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, there’s no emergency too big for Paul Davis to take care of.