Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is a part of nature, but the kind of mold that has spread in your house or property is the real problem. Mold spores move through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a building on shoes, clothing and animals. It is practically impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your home. You should be worried when mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can tell you the species of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold inspections. Mold can cause damage to your home and major health problems to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it grows in, meaning that the longer it remains untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your home and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people who suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic microbes.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in properties, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis will aid with making your residence free and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which thrives both outdoors and indoors. It can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It thrives in damp, porous environments such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor variety cause asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is a less common household mold. It requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold areas and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder weather, Fusarium is pink or coral colored and is most commonly located in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always located in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds that contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services necessary to eradicate dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.