How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Everyone knows how damaging fire can be in a house. However, many people don’t know about the other harmful elements of a fire. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by smoke odor, while soot can seriously damage walls. A fire can have extreme, devastating both to your home and your family.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand any damages to your precious keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as experts in smoke and soot damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning to stop spreading smoke.
- To push out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Services
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house had recent smoke and soot damage? Reach out to to the professionals from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in high-quality using the proper equipment during our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.