Repairing Fire Damage
Fire can cause significant damage to a home. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions and walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your home and your family.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why our fire repair experts are here to help. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Repairing Fire Damage
Your house can receive serious soot damage without a major fire breaking out. Smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC so smoke won’t spread.
- To push out smokey air, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Smoke Restoration Process
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your house undergone fire damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our professionals are specialized in high-quality using the proper equipment for our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.